Saturday, February 22, 2014

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


It's been a long time since posting my last recipe, and while this is not dinner, I wanted to share it. The sweet potato bars/muffins are staples in my house, but the other day my oldest asked me for banana muffins. I stumbled upon this recipe which is originally from paleoonabudget.com and was only sweetened with bananas. It turned out great, and I added mini chocolate chips to it, which all my children loved. Enjoy!

I like to make mini muffins for my family, as they are the perfect size for little hands, but it will make 12 regular size muffins as well.
Mmm, mmm!

2 almost over-ripe bananas
1.5 cups almond flour
3 eggs
4T coconut oil
2t pure vanilla 
2t cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/4 c (more or less) mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
Mash your bananas in a bowl with a fork
Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well. 
Grease your muffin tin (unless you have a USA Pan see note below)
These puff up a little bit but not too much so you can fill it pretty close to the top
Bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
These are great with breakfast or for snacks
Now a word about this pan, I am a huge fan. It's called USA pan and has a special all natural coating that makes it so you don't have to grease your pan. The picture you see is what the pan looked like after I dumped the muffins out, it's amazing and makes clean up a breeze. I purchased from Amazon and am slowly adding to my collection. They have a wonderful bagel/donut pan that I also use all the time for making baked bagels. Just thought I'd pass that on :-).



No comments:

Post a Comment