Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Perfect Hardboiled Eggs


If you are anything like me, you have probably tried for years to make perfect hardboiled eggs, and may or may not have had success. I think I have finally found the perfect solution. To be fair, I got an email from someone who I have no idea how I got on their email list (do you ever wonder that) but this information proved to be invaluable. So what is it you ask... drumroll please....

Yep that's it, baking soda. The email said to add half a tablespoon to your water when you add the eggs, but I've found 2 teaspoons is perfect. I have made eggs this way half a dozen times since then, and they always turn out headache free and so easy to peel! So if you enjoy hardboiled eggs, angel eggs or egg salad, don't fear the eggs anymore. :-) Enjoy!

Kind of hard to tell, but there is baking soda in here, and normally I do at least 8 eggs at a time, but this was a second batch that I was testing to see if the baking soda still worked the second time around (it did!). I'm sure you could even do a dozen at a time if your family size dictates that, mine doesn't at this point.

Finished product -  I peel mine right away because I use them for different things and it's easier to do it all then.

Perfect Hardboiled Eggs:
8-12 eggs
2t baking soda

Place your eggs in a pan with enough cold water to cover by at least an inch. Turn heat on high and bring water to boil. Once the water is boiling, set timer for 2 minutes. When timer goes off, remove from heat, cover and set timer for 10 minutes. While you're waiting, fill a bowl with ice and water. When the timer goes off remove eggs from pan and place in ice bath. Eggs can be left in bath for 15-45 minutes. Remove from bath and peel under running water. Store in fridge or make something delicious to eat now. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment